This Singlemode LC UPC Pre-Polished Simplex Fiber Optic Quick Connector is perfect for emergency repairs or temporary installations. These connectors are designed to get your network up and running until high grade connectors are installed or fiber optic pigtails are spliced on. These quick connectors are superior quality than many similar quick connectors seen on the market due to the ceramic ferrule included. Ceramic ferrules will last longer and are not affected by temperature variations.
Please Note: Quick connectors do not provide as precise connections as superior lab connectorization. The precision of the glass alignment of quick connectors can change over time do temperature and humidity variations.
Important Installation Points:
1. Keep your hands clean and dry during installation.
2. Use high quality stripping tool to strip off acylate coating.
3. Be sure to cut the cladding and optic glass to the correct length.
4. Use high quality cleaver.
5. Be sure to properly dispose of cut glass. Tip. Use masking or duct tape to pick up pieces of glass.
6. Keep the optic glass slightly curved before locking the locker.
7. Keep environment clean avoiding dust and other contaminants from affecting your connections.
Urgent Orders: Read Information
In this easy to follow animated video, we will show you how to fusion splice two fiber optic strands together.
In this tutorial, we will show you how to fusion splice two fiber optic strands together.