Atcom Inc. has created this privacy statement in order to demonstrate our firm commitment to privacy. The following discloses our information gathering and dissemination practices for this website: Atcom Cabling and Connectivity Superstore. To make this notice easy to find, we make it available on our homepage and at every point where personally identifiable information may be requested.
1) We use IP address to help diagnose problems with our server, administer our Web site, and for aspects of session management, like the operation of the shopping cart. However, IP addresses are never associated with a specific identifier, and are not used to identify you.
3) Our site's order form requires users to give us contact information (see "The Information We Collect" below) and unique username and password (registered resellers only). The customer's contact information is used to contact the visitor when necessary. Users may opt-out of receiving future mailings; see the choice/opt-out section below. Unique identifiers (such as username and password) are collected to verify the user's identity.
4) This site contains links to other sites. LANshack.com Cabling and Connectivity Superstore is not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of such Web sites.
The Information We Collect
This notice applies to all information collected or submitted on the LANshack.com website. On some pages, you can order products, make requests, and register to receive materials. The types of personal information collected at these pages are:
Name Address Email address Phone number Credit/Debit Card Information
...Note: We do not have access to your credit card number (See Security)
The Way We Use Information
1) We use the information you provide about yourself when placing an order only to complete that order. We do not share this information with outside parties except to the extent necessary to complete that order.
2) We use the information you provide about another party (the "Ship to" information) when placing an order only to ship the product and to confirm delivery. We do not share this information with outside parties except to the extent necessary to complete that order. We will never contact the "ship to" party, unless we are so instructed from you, the customer, for whatever reasons that you may deem necessary (eg. to give technical support to the end user, or answer questions)
3) We use return email addresses to answer the email we receive. Occasionally, we may notify our customers about special promotions or price reductions, via email. They may choose to opt-out from these notices at any time (see choice opt-out below). We do not share email addresses with any outside parties.
4) Finally, we never use or share the personally identifiable information provided to us online in ways unrelated to the ones described above without also providing you an opportunity to opt-out or otherwise prohibit such unrelated uses.
Using your credit card on this website is probably one of the safest ways of using your card. It is infinitely more secure than handing your card over to a waiter,gas station attendant, or even a local store (something that most of us do on a daily basis).
We have security measures in place to protect the loss, misuse and alteration of the information. Credit card information is received via the proven safe and secure 128-Bit SSL encrypted connection. To learn more about the 128-bit SSL that we use, go to our SSL Info Page
However, some people still have reservations about using their credit card on the internet. We will gladly accept your order by phone or fax. To order by phone, call 888-568-1230. To order by fax, put all of the items into your shopping cart, and choose "fax order in" as the payment method. Then print the form, fill it out and fax it in.
Verisign transmits the information to the credit card clearing house (128-bit encrypted), receives the authorization and then Verisign transmits back to us the credit card authorization code. (The authorization code is the only thing ever stored on our computer) This all means that your complete credit card information is not even known by us!
Our Commitment To Children's Privacy
Protecting the privacy of the very young is especially important. For that reason, we never collect or maintain information at our website from those we actually know are under 13, and no part of our website is structured to attract anyone under 13.
This site gives users the following options for removing their information from our database to not receive future communications or to no longer receive our service: